Wednesday, June 19, 2024

The Making of the CCN0 Portal

Hey, it's CCN0, notorious bullshit maker. I am a big fan of making useless gizmos. I found some cool things and exploits, which then led to the making of the CCN0 Portal, which has gone through many updates and changes until I finally made the version you see now.

Tinkering

If you're wondering, I fucked around a lot with the school computers. I was a notorious soundboard user, 'the hacker dude', and many other nicknames from my antics. All of my bullshitting led to my school laptop being taken away and my school account being locked. I have many words about this decision but it led to me one day tinkering with the log in kiosk. Which then led to me breaking out of the log in page onto Microsoft's homepage. This was a huge breakthrough as this worked just like a private tab, and you could just browse like you were logged in!

One problem:

You couldn't just enter a URL. You had to go through a search engine to get to many things, which was either annoying or impossible. Going to my site was annoying, and getting to cool sites like game sites, videos, media, and tools like Skool and Polaris were basically impossible. But then I had an idea.

You remember Yahoo?

I opened an old website template I had lying around. I made a shitty little form to go to any URL, and added some links to many websites. And it worked. It was fine to use, but later when using it, I realized how bad it looked on the tiny log in kiosks, and it looked off on big kiosks. But I was busy working on other projects, like Notepad Win and GlobalClocks, so I left it to rot, and the CCN0 Portal entered hiatus.

Life without the Web

Using school computers without logging in was very fun. I would play games fine (they were slower, which I suspect was because they didn't allocate shit for the log in screen), and Instagram, YouTube TikTok all worked on it. There were basically no issues. I even added a rAdBOX to it, but it looked like shit. But then I got tired of it. It was overly bright, had a shitty UI, and basically nothing from the modern age. So I decided I was going to catalog many websites, tools, social medias, and more shit and keep them in mind for when I update the site.

Starting from Scratch (kinda)

I was working on a different project at the time, which let you make bento-box UI websites easy. Unfortunately, I thought about it a little more, and realized it would allow many malware things and other bullshit to exist, under MY website. So I canned it. I had this code and CSS with no use. Until I realized something. This would be perfect for a web directory, such as the CCN0 Portal. And I got to work. In one day, I had the CCN0 Portal looking better than ever. It looks good on small displays, large displays, it had a responsive layout, and looked very modern. It was basically perfect. I updated the 'How to get back' section and eventually updated my disclaimers.

Currently, the CCN0 Portal is working fine without JavaScript, or even CSS. People have been using it so much, that if you search 'ccn0 portal' on Bing, you can get to my site without typing a URL. It's one of my best works, and I hope to be updating it for years to come with more bullshit and other shit. Thank you for reading about my bullshit, maybe you'll find a use for it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Projects

This is just a quick update on the progress on projects that were (or were not) mentioned in the CCN0's 4th birthday announcements. Keep...